TCM has a wide range of fork lifts for forklift trucks. Below are five commonly used types. For more detailed advice for each application, please contact us.
- Suitable for handling nearly any type of baled product such as hay, cotton, or waste paper.
- With spikes inserted deep into the bale, the load won’t fall off the attachment during handling. The bale handler can handle loads easily in places with low doorway or ceilings, such as inside a container. They help reduce the dust from hay and prevent bales from spilling.
- The attachment comes in a vertical handling model (Types A and B) and a horizontal handling model (Types C and D), to match the type and number
of bales to be handled.
- Handle concrete blocks safely and efficiently by clamping the load from both sides. In many cases, concrete blocks, each row with an length of 39 cm, are handled two or three rows at a time. Therefore, the arm size is determined for such an application.
- The carton clamp is an attachment suitable for handling and transporting cartons and crates containing electronic appliances or bottled liquids. The clamp has large contact areas and flexible arms that bend. It applies even clamping pressure over the entire load to reduce product damage. This attachment allows palletless handling to save money on pallet purchases, maintenance and storage costs.
- The crane arm attachment consists of an inverted L-shaped arm attached to the finger bar with a hook on its end. This attachment is used for handling loads which cannot be palletized due to their odd shape or size by slinging them on the hook.
- The crane hook attachment is used for hoisting loads with standard forks. Bring both fork prongs to the center, install a hook block onto them and tighten it from both sides with two bolts. The attachment is suitable for hoisting flexible containers or bags containing powder or particles slung on the hook. It can be removed easily for normal pallet handling.
- The drum clamp is designed for handling drums. Arms with the same radius as the drum to be handled clamp the load safely and securely. A check valve is installed to prevent the load from falling due to shocks while traveling.
- There is also a rotating drum clamp consisting of a drum clamp with a rotator. The rotating drum clamp is suitable for can-manufacturing factories and can-washing work. The rotating drum clamp allows the operator to grab drums lying on their sides and stack them vertically, or to load or unload drums easily on a trailer truck using the rotation feature.
- The fork clamp is a load grab attachment which has forks in place of arms. This attachment is designed to clamp and transport baled cotton or bags. It is also
used to handle ordinary palette loads. The left and right forks can move independently, for efficient handling of a variety of load sizes from small to large, without needing to reposition the truck if the forks are not aligned with the pallet notches.
- The fork clamp comes in two arm spacing types: standard and wide.
FORK EXTENSION SLEEVES
- Fork extension sleeves are suitable for transporting bulky, yet light-weight loads or picking up loads that are out of reach. This attachment is available in three
to six types to suit the size of the load. Fork extension sleeves can be removed easily if ordinary pallet handling is required.
• The fork positioner allows the operator to adjust the fork spacing hydraulically for various pallet configurations, without leaving the operator’s seat. They are used primarily in high volume operations where there is a great variety of pallet sizes to be handled.
The top and bottom shaft type of positioner produces less vibration and prevents the fork spacing from widening during handling. It is especially suitable for handling coil stock or flanged containers. The forks can be side shifted while loaded. The attachment also
comes as an integral hook type (2 – 3 ton engine-powered models) and a screw type.
HIGH LOAD BACKREST
- The high load backrest prevents high loads on the forks from spilling backward when the carriage is lifted to full height, thus protecting the driver from a falling load. Suitable for handling unitized loads with a large apparent specific gravity, such as cartons.
- Hinged forks are a versatile attachment used to handle long loads such as lumber, pipes, or metal bars smoothly and efficiently. This attachment tilts the forks up (up to 40°) and down (up to 50°) to cradle and dump loads easily. With a scoop installed,
the truck can also work as a bucket truck. And of course, the hinged forks can handle ordinary palletized loads as well. This attachment really offers multi-job versatility.
- Hinged forks come in two variations: a dual cylinder type and a heavy-duty single cylinder type (for 2 – 4.5 ton trucks). The single cylinder type has a shorter overhang and an increased allowable load. In addition, hinged forks can be used in combination
with a variety of attachments including a scoop, wide finger bar, long forks, and fork extension sleeves, to respond efficiently to various job requirements.
- The load grab attachment is designed to clamp and transport baled loads. Typical loads consist of waste paper, wrapped livestock feed and bedding, cotton, boxes and bags. The operator can pick up, deposit and stack loads without any help. The load grab allows palletless handling to save money on pallet purchases, maintenance and storage, and improves warehouse space utilization.
- The load grab attachment is available in three designs, in addition to standard arm: fork arm type for 2 – 4.5 ton trucks; wide-spacing type for 1 -3.5 ton engine-powered trucks and for 2 – 3 ton Acroba series trucks; slide-bushing type for truck models FD60 – FD80.
- The load push/pull attachment is designed for slip sheet pallet handling to improve load handling efficiency and reduce pallet costs. The load push/pull option allows the operator to control a series of gripping and pulling operations – grip, pull, push, and push loads off platens – efficiently, with a single lever from the driver’s seat. The retainer and side shifting features assure smoother, more efficient load handling.
- Suitable a variety of industries when handling grain, fertilizers, fruit and vegetables, food, marine products, paper, chemicals, textiles, and construction materials.
- Available in three models for grain, fruit and vegetables, and van loading
- The load stabilizer is designed to transport unstable loads by holding them in place with the upper retainer. It is well suited for transporting unstable
loads such as boxed beverages, soft drinks, bottled water and empty containers. This attachment allows faster operating speeds and more efficient handling procedures.
- The load stabilizer comes in two versions: standard and wide range. A side shifting feature is available as an option for 2 – 3 ton trucks.
- Multi-purpose clamps offer the versatility to perform a variety of functions smoothly and efficiently, with only one attachment. A multi-purpose clamp consists of stabilizer forks, side arms and base forks to clamp and rotate loads. With stabilizer forks and side arms removed, the remaining attachment can be used as ordinary forks.
- 1. By using rotation feature, you can move bagged loads from the company’s own pallets onto shipping pallets, without spilling the load.
- 2. With side arms removed, the attachment efficiently handles cotton bales, bags and boxes on a pallet, or it can be used as a load stabilizer to handle carbonated beverages securely.
- 3. Using a bucket in place of the side arms, the attachment can be used to rotate and dump loose material.
- Multi-purpose clamps are available in an integral type and a hook type.
- Pantograph forks provide an extra meter of reach across the bed of the truck. This attachment is suitable for applications where extra reach is required, such as when the truck cannot come close to the loading area due to obstacles.
- This arrangement has a telescopic pantograph mounted on the mast bracket, with a finger bar and forks attached to the front end.
- The pantograph fork attachment comes in single and double link models. A side shifting feature is available as an option.
- The ram attachment is used to maneuver many types of coiled loads easily, such as wire coils, tires, metal reels, or cable reels.
ROTATING FORK CLAMPS
- The rotating fork clamp is a fork clamp attachment with a rotator. With this attachment, the truck carrying a load that is wider than the aisle can pass through a
narrow aisle by rotating the attachment.
- Rotating fork clamps are available as an integral type and a hook type.
- Rotating forks can rotate together with the carriage (finger bar) continuously through 360 degrees, clockwise or counterclockwise. This gives the driver the ability to quickly dump or invert a load. Using a box or bucket with fork pockets in combination, the attachment allows the transportation or side-dumping of loose material, liquids, or fresh concrete.
- The integral rotating fork attachment is a heavy-duty type which has a shorter load center and an increased allowable load because part of the attachment is incorporated into the mast.
ROTATING LOAD GRAB
- The rotating load grab is a load grab attachment with a rotator. This attachment is useful in load handling operations where the aisle width or stacking space is restricted. For example, with this attachment, the truck can pass through a narrow aisle by rotating a load that is longer than the width of the aisle to a vertical position.
- The rotating load grab attachment is available in two types: an integral type and a hook type. Each type
comes in a standard arm version and a fork arm version (2 – 3 ton trucks). A variety of arms are available.
ROTATING PAPER ROLL CLAMPS
• Rotating paper roll clamps are an ideal solution for all professional paper handling operations, such as in paper mills, paper coating factories and paper warehouses. In particular, the swing type is suitable for work sites where a variety of roll diameters need to be handled.
• The integral type, consisting of a carriage integrated with a rotator, offers an increased allowable load and excellent front visibility to prevent damage to the piping parts due to falling objects. The hook type is suitable for users who want to use paper roll clamps without a rotator for a particular job. The lineup of paper roll clamps is expanded by field-proven Cascade brand paper roll clamps available for 2 – 3 ton trucks.
• The swing type clamps for 2 to 3.5 ton trucks come in six diameter ranges. For example, clamps with a roll range of 600 to 1200 mm improve stacking efficiency in vertical handling of rolls; those with a roll range of 300 to 1300 mm are preferred for horizontal handling of rolls; and those with a roll range of 600 to 1450 mm are suitable for handling large rolls. You can choose the right attachment for your job requirements from among a variety of paper roll clamps with lots of arm variations.
• The forks can be shifted left or right 75, 100, 120, or 150 mm. They move together with the load backrest allowing the operator to align them perfectly with the pallet notches, without repositioning the truck. The side shifter attachment is an ideal solution for load
handling in narrow spaces where close stacking of loads is required or it is difficult to reposition the truck when picking up or depositing a load. Side shifters come in three types: shaft type, hook type and integral-hook type (for 1 to 3 ton trucks).
- The turnafork is a dual-purpose attachment on which the arms rotate from a pallet-handling position to a clamp handling position: that is, the forks can be placed horizontally to use them as ordinary forks; and they can be rotated upright to use them like a load grab attachment.
- The automatic change is made quickly from the driver’s seat.
WIDE FINGER BARS
- The wide finger bar is used to stabilize loads when transporting wide or long, but relatively light weight loads, such as railway sleepers, lumbers, or plywood.